Friday 6 November 2009

The kitten saga

I miss my cat. She would have been ten yesterday. Since she passed away last week I have been searching for a Sphynx kitten but I have encountered nothing but problems. As a breed they have a problem with something called HCM, a heart problem that kills them.
I guess that I am lucky that I know about HCM because there are so many horror stories of bad breeding with HCM cats that I have finally resigned myself to the fact that I am not going to be able to get myself a beautiful Sphynx.
Then I met these guys. They have the most stunning Sphynx cats that I have ever seen - but all of their kittens have already been booked.
They also breed Cornish Rex and we took a look at them too. They still have the freaky big gremlin ears that I love and also have the softest coat I have ever felt. The kids fell in love and I fell in love and so we really really are getting a new kitten and I am so excited.
Shane & Mark, the breeders are awesome. Their animals are beautiful and social and I can't wait for our kitty to come to us on December 6th.
Shane sent me this pic last night..... All we need to do now is come up with a name so that they can register her. All ideas gratefully received.

10 comments:

  1. OMG! She's beautiful! Do these ones have hair like normal cats? Glad you found one xx

    As for a name, mmm, I shall put my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps Mozza?? Or Meowissey??

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like a Nermal to me. Like the little grey kitten that annoys Garfield in the comic strip :) Lovely kitty...I want another one now for my brood. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaww how cutie shmooty is she!

    hmmm names - Gizmo or cuddles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww.....

    What about Princess Whiskers. Is she going to be a pampered pet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pulled out my baby name book, closed my eyes, open randomly on page 42, chose the number 11, opened eyes and the name was:
    Damayanti (F) 'subduing'. An Indian name borne in legend by a beautiful and intelligent princess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashanti? or something really random like our neighbours girl cat which is called Billy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's adorable! I will have to think about the naming thing...but too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...