Saturday 12 December 2009

I Love Blythe

We are big Hello Kitty fans in this house. Well I am and it has rubbed off on my girls. They share a bathroom  that runs off both of their bedrooms and it is out Hello Kitty shrine! But now I have a new love....
I have totally fallen in love with Blythe - the little doll that was produced for only one year - incidentally the year I was born and also the year the Stokke® Tripp Trapp® came to market.
She completely flopped due to her big head and kooky eyes and Kenner withdrew her. That wasn't the end for Blythe though - she has now become a worldwide fashion icon, with designers like Westwood and Dior creating unique outfits especially for her.
She was re issued a few years ago - in limited numbers but it's the original 1972 Blythe's that really do it for me. So Santa if you do happen to stop by... I would love a Blythe to call my own. xx

2 comments:

  1. I love these doll and have wanted one for ages. I hope you got yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adele, Thanks for your comment on this old post. I did get my Blythe for Christmas that year and I now have 13!!!
    I'm a bit of an avid collector of all kinds of things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...