Tuesday 2 March 2010

Memory Monday Meme...

I know that lots of you read and commented on my post about my battle with Post Natal Depression and the amazing support that I received for speaking out made me take my story to print. 
I had a few offers but I decided to offer the story to Mother & Baby magazine. It made me a bit jumpy as that's my industry but I knew that if it went anywhere than that was where it should go.
In all honesty - I thought that was that. I didnt expect any comeback at all but I have had emails (sent through to the magazine), I have had emails sent to me personally, I have been sidelined in the queue in Sainsburys and WH Smiths and today I had a call from someone that I know to tell me that reading the article in Mother & Baby has made her face her many years of depression and finally ask for help.
People keep telling me that I'm amazing and inspirational but let me tell you right now that I'm not. I'm just a regular person who chose not to be defeated - and simply took one day at a time for, well a long, long time.
My Memory Monday is two fold really. I wanted to share this picture of me, aged 19 and just a baby myself to show that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. It's also directed the brave lady that called me today. You know who you are. You are taking fairy steps in the right direction and that is all you have to do. xx
Ten months after this picture was taken I nearly died.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making such a difference to so many people! :0)
    Love the picture by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sat in tears yet again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture! I'm sure your son loves that photo also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PND is a very important message, really admire you for being so open, honest and generous about it. Sure to help many who feel helpless. Great photo by the way - very few can do babies and bikini's - very cute! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing woman, even if you don't know it, you are.

    Producing this piece has helped so many people. Including myself. I can't thank you enough. xx

    PS. You do look gorgeous in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done and feel proud for making a difference in someone's life!
    That's a lovely photo btw :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...