Tuesday 18 May 2010

How did you prep for birth?

Pregnancy & birth magazine wants to hear from you if you did any of the following to get ready for birth when you were pregnant:

- pelvic floor exercises
- joined a yoga class
- visited hospitals to help you choose where to give birth
- improved your diet
- attended antenatal classes
- tried perenium massage
- used a birth ball

We'd love to hear your comments on why you tried it and how it helped you to get birth ready. Your comments could be printed in a feature all about prepping for labour that will be a massive help for our
pregnant readers. So even if you're a bit embarrassed to share please do - it could make a real difference to another mum-to-be.
So if you have any pearls of wisdom to share please leave brief outline in a comment and email me using the email link at the top of this page.
I didn't do anything at all in preparation for my births - except shop that is! I  can't wait to hear your tips.

3 comments:

  1. I attended antenatal classes but didn't really find them helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I did all of those. I acted like I was training for a marathon, honestly. I joined YogaBirth classes, drank Raspberry Leaf Tea, increased my iron intake, breathing exercises, Birthing Ball exercises, stretch mark cream THE LOT! I was a bit mental about it all. If need more info can email at carlyyeganeh@gmail.com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did all of the above, read lots of books, and ended up having completely brilliant births too. Yoga in particular helped me with the mind/body connection that really allowed me to stay in the moment and embrace labor. I'm always happy to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...