Tuesday 14 December 2010

Blogladesh reached TEDx London

This time last week - I was being pressured to ditch work for the day and join my friends and colleagues at the BMB Xmas party at St Martins in the Field. Talk about peer pressure. I relented and made my way to London, Macbook in hand..
picture credit - Jennifer howze

Then I had a call from a lovely lady called Andrea Hartley - she was presenting at TEDx London that evening and she was highlighting the success of the Blogladesh campaign. After chatting for a while I let slip that I was actually in London for the day - and somehow I ended up right there at TEDx amongst a group of amazingly talented and passionate women as I watched the Blogladesh story unfold.


It really blew me away to sit back and hear our journey told by someone else and I realised how easy it is to slip back into real life and leave the things that Eva, Josie, Liz and I experienced behind us. I wish this wasn't so - but of course daily life takes over.
As a small gesture to Blogladesh and Save the Children - and it is small I know, I have declined to send wine and goodies to my clients this Christmas. Instead they will be giving a child the gift of education.

Do stop by Save the Children's Wish List - there are gift options that literally do save lives and from only £10. And as an end to the post I have just heard that I have been shortlisted in the British Mummy Bloggers 'Brilliance in Blogging' awards in the 'Bloggers who make a difference' category.
If you followed Blogladesh - pop by and vote.....

7 comments:

  1. Well done on the nomination - thoroughly deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nomination was seriously well deserved. Blogladesh was an amazing achievment. Crossing fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the two posts above and have already voted xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic Sian :)

    I can't watch that video without getting upset. I know what you mean about life taking over. I'm back on the campaign trail in a big way in the New Year (hopefully!) and I can't wait to get started. Our trip has been on my mind so much this last couple of weeks.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all deserved the nomination, the journey that the three of you took were amazing. So inspiring. And the gift of giving a child an education is a lovely idea. I'm going to go check out what I can buy for them. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you. Stuff like this changes your life for ever doesn't it - in the best way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the nomination - it's very well deserved. Am slightly embarassed to be in same category!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...