Thursday 21 July 2011

From Phuket with Love

Nearly a full week of our holiday has already sped by. Until yesterday we hadn't done anything except sleep, eat, swim and relax.
Despite this being a 5* hotel there's only cabled Internet available in our rooms and I hadn't noticed that my uber travel friendly MacBook air doesn't have a wired connection port until I needed to use it.
So here I am on an almost total social detox and I actually quite like it.
The sun is shining and a gin fizz is only a nod to the waiter away, which has to be the best possible Internet replacement I could think of.
The kids are having a great time and there first taste of freedom as we loosen the reigns a little to let them venture to the kids club or to buy an ice cream without us holding their hands.


It feels great to not be constantly on call yet slightly unsettling to think that those baby days are well and truly behind us.

Sonny is looking more and more like his big brother.


Biba is rocketing towards teenagedom...



But Betty at least is still happy to be the baby...




With love from Phuket. Xx



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time to me. Loving the pool shots :)

    I got a connector that converts ethernet to usb when I bought mine. You can buy it for 25 at:
    http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC704ZM/A

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday and keep the photos coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you are having great time there :) Very cute pictures. I am happy I found your blog via netmums and I will have a look at the other articles as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not. Jealous. At. All.

    Harrrrumph.

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect come back refreshed and ready to roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are having a great time, well deserved.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds good! Phuket, what a great way for children to have fun and for parents to relax! Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww how cool, glad your all having a great time. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds awful. You better get back to England as soon as you can!

    Isn't it crazy about good wifi at hotels? We were just in Provence and had to do that crazy-expensive-version.

    Meanwhile you check into a budget hotel and the wifi is free!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting.
    I've been looking at some of the posts on this website to get an idea about travel in Phuket for my next vacation. May be surin beach will be the best place to relax for me and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend and I were enjoy very much our 4 night 5 days short trip in Phuket last week.

    I just want to say thanks for your information

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to visit phuket one day. It will be a great experience and these tips will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your Phuket experience,
    this post was very helpful… Keep posting and good luck with your post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...