Tuesday 6 September 2011

Walking for Water Aid

Just over fifteen years ago as I lay in intensive care, I was told that I'd never walk again. I've been on a pretty amazing journey since then but this Saturday 10th September I'll be well and truly stepping outside of my comfort zone as I join a group of friends as we take part in Water Aid's Coast Along.
What we're doing, really is no big deal.... a five mile walk around the beautiful scenery of The South Downs, but I haven't actually told anyone (my own children included) that in reality I'm not sure if I can make it, that I haven't walked five miles since 1993. 
I'm pretty good at masking how much it hurts to just put one foot in front of the other but I am determined to make every single step of those five miles. 
I will be tweeting and Instagraming along the way and any support you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

NB.
Especially if you live around the South Downs and I need rescuing.
You can donate here.

8 comments:

  1. You're amazing! Sending support your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!
    I really wish I was taking part in this... Next year when Mini G is a bit less, um, soft ;) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how brave. You can do it, sure you can! Views will be spectacular (specially for us in flat old Norfolk)so will look forward to seeing some photos. Hope the weather is sunny for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you lots of luck, remember even starting it is an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll carry you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck lovely. Your route is literally 15 minutes from my house so shout if you need saving x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...