Wednesday 7 December 2011

Mummy-Tips Gift Guide Part 2 - Geeks


Part 2 of my Christmas Gift Guide - The Geek Edition!



1.  Lego VW Camper Van,  £79.99 from Lego
Yeah, I know this is a grown up guide but who doesn't love Lego? If Santa popped this in my stocking I'd be one happy girl on Christmas day. There might not be a Christmas dinner but I figure I could do without the calories anyway.

2.  Polaroid Z340 Instant Digital Camera, £229.99 from Firebox.com
I am loving this modern twist to the classic Polaroid camera. Its a bit pricey but what can I say? I love cameras!

3.  MiFi from Three, available on contract and pay as you go from Three
I never leave home without mine. It is quite simply one of the best tech gadgets out there and way worth the subscription. You can connect five devices at once so no one needs to be offline. 
I used mine to order a Tesco home delivery from the car on our way home from a two week holiday in Thailand. I ordered my weekly shop and it arrived an hour after we got home. Thats how handy it is.

4.  Xbox 360 with Kinect, £229 from Asda.com (4GB console with Kinect Adventures)
If you thought Xbox was just for teenage boys and hardcore gamers you are way off the mark. Xbox is the best family console on the market (and I've owned them all). 
As well as playing all of your favourite games Xbox has some pretty cool new features that turn it into the ultimate media hub. 
Facebook, Twitter, 4 On Demand, Love Film, You Tube and Video Kinect. You can say adios to searching for the remote because you are the controller. Play, rewind, pause and watch. You tell your Xbox what you want to do and it does it.... and unlike Siri it actually does!
Disclosure: I am an Xbox Family Ambassador but I already owned an Xbox and only became an ambassador after begging them at length to have me.

5.  Fruit Ninja on Xbox Kinect, 800 points from the Xbox marketplace
If you've enjoyed Fruit Ninjas on your phone or iPad you will love this Xbox Kinect version. Beware though - you won't be able to move the next day as you use muscles that you didn't even know existed!

6.  Philips Fidelio DS3500 iPad Dock. £119.97 from Tesco.com
I searched high and low for an iPad speaker dock last Christmas but they hadn't made it to market. This year there are loads of them around. Biba has a Philips Fidelio dock for her iPod Touch and the sound is great - well it was till the cat chewed through the charger wire but that's another blog post all together.


7.  Micro Samsonite Scooter, £250 from Micro Scooter
How awesome is this? It gives me visions of carefree scooting around an airport instead of being laden down by my computer bag. I would LOVE one of these!



4 comments:

  1. That scooter is just genius! Love your choices x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is, I can just see you on that scooter, not only in airports, but in supermarkets & shopping centres....no more carrying bags (unless you want everyone to see how much you've just spent at Cartier or Chanel of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have put in a request to Santa that if I'm going to have to travel more then I NEED the scooter case - beyond cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scooter is pure genius isn't it? A bit pricey but awesome beyond words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...