Thursday 29 March 2012

Half the Sky

I have spoken many times of how reading Half the Sky changed my life. I've lost count of the number of copies of the book that I've bought and given to people to read but it is that kind of book. You can't read it and carry on like before, it shows you things that you could never imagine happen in the world today. Things that we should know because we have the power to make them stop.

In October Half the Sky will be shown as a documentary on US TV and I had to share the trailer with you. I am assured that we will get it in the UK sometime in 2013 but I will keep you up to date.



I was lucky enough to meet Nickolas Kristof when I was at the UN summit with Save the Children, only briefly but it sure beat interviewing Nick Clegg for ITN.

I've said it before but if you only read one book this year, make it Half the Sky.

You can find Half the Sky on Facebook and Twitter. Follow them and make a difference.

8 comments:

  1. innocentcharmer26 June 2012 at 23:23

    Wow this has giving me goose pimples, I had never heard of this book, I am off to find it now.
    I am going to ask a family memeber in US if they can record and send over to me, if I manage would you like a copy ? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought and downloaded it for my Kindle. I was commenting to my Husband the other day that I really wanted to broaded my literary horizons as I tend to stick mostly to fiction and the odd biography, but this seems like an excellent place to start. I feel like a need a bit of a 'life-changing' jolt at the moment. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful stuff. I watched the whole video and cried. I'm off to order Half the Sky. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will definitely put it on my to read list, thanks for pointing in the right direction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for sharing this. I read Half the Sky on your recommendation and it really opened my eyes.
    Change has to start somewhere and your passion has inspired so many people in so many ways.
    Do keep me updated about when the doc is on here in the uk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beki, Great idea. When I first read it, it wasn't available as a download and I gave my well read copy away a few weeks ago. I'm off to download too.
    Please do come back and share your thoughts when you have read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has left me breathless, going to download the book now, really don't want to wait for delivery.
    Thank you for bringing this to attention.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...