Thursday 13 September 2012

Hoover Globe Review

I'm not sure why this influx of household appliances are suddenly being sent my way but I'm not one to turn down a good review and an offer of a Hoover Globe was very welcome indeed.

I have a three storey house, three children living at home, two cats, two house rabbits, one dog and one fashion designing husband with a home studio (that is full of fabric).

We vacuum a lot but in all honesty we should vacuum more. Having put this upright, bagless cleaner to work right around the house I have the following observations.

  1. The Hoover Globe is extremely manoeuvrable.
  2. The power lead doesn't stretch across my lounge.
  3. My floors were pretty cruddy:( 
  4. I'm not sure that I like to see just how cruddy.

It has excellent suction on a range of flooring and the assortment of attachments are impressive, though a little fiddly and time consuming to switch around. I love the Turbo Brush and Crevice tool that allowed me to get into spaces previously unknown to my vacuuming self.

The dust collector is a lot smaller than I'm used to and it did need emptying mid way around the house which would have been fine if I hadn't had to extract the dust that was lodged in the pipe and the body of the machine with my fingers (I was worried there was a spider in there)...

Hoover Globe Review

That aside, the Hoover Globe feels well built and glides effortlessly across the floor.

The one thing totally lets it down is how loud it is. Especially as it's marketed as being pet friendly. I can assure you that it's not.


The Hoover Globe was provided to me free of charge for the purpose of this review. I am a member of the Mumsnet Blogger Network a group of parent bloggers picked by Mumsnet to review products, events and brands. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity.

1 comment:

  1. I am curious to find out what blog platform you have been using?
    I'm having some minor security problems with my latest blog and I would like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any suggestions?

    Feel free to surf to my page - continue reading **

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...