Wednesday 17 April 2013

Youth, me, The Gallery

They say that 'youth is wasted on the young' and now that I'm into my 41st year, I have to agree. I wish I'd appreciated my teenage years and not been in such a hurry to grow up. But that's an easy reflection to have all these years later.

I found this photograph of me in a big folder with my name on it, when I was sorting through my mums things after she died.

Sian To - Cybher aged 11

It's 1983, I was eleven, the same age as Biba is now. It was taken for the round of auditions I did for residential dance schools ahead of my senior school years. The auditions were scary and it turned out that we couldn't afford the fees despite my success. 
My life path would had been so different if I'd spent those final school years training instead of being headstrong and breaking all the rules for the hell of it.

Parenting really isn't easy and I'm deeply regretful of my grumpy teenage attitude now that my mum is gone. I truly hope that my children have a safe passage to adulthood and that they reflect on their youth  with love and happiness.

For The Gallery : Youth, do stop by some of the other posts on the link, even if it's just for the 80's perms. They are epic.


15 comments:

  1. its amazing how our teens shape us so much..gorgeous pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it. I wish I'd known at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful picture, just stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pic but what a heartbreaking post xxx I'm very admirative though that you did succeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sian, just wow. Love how we can look back on just one photo and it hold such vivid and heartfelt memories

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I wish I still had that body!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm holding out for some lighthearted themes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks honey. I couldnt compete with your perm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a stunning teenager you were. I think you're 'grumpy teenage attitude' sounds perfectly normal, weren't we all like that?????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you looking stunning! I am sure you couldn't have been too bad as a teenager, cannot imagine you like that, you are such A LOVELY PERSON! It must be very hard for you to reflect on this now when your mum is gone. Hope you are copying xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and what a fabulous picture. I wish I hadn't been so horrid to my mum. I spent my teenage years generally being horrid, until I left home at 16. All of a sudden, with a job and bills to pay, I totally calmed down and grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely picture. I know it hasn't been easy and especially recently, but you do look beautiful. I did a teenage one too. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Are you well?
    Firstly, I should to thanks to you for your unique information. It is rare to find unique content nowadays but you already have made. I also like to view "Wood business cards have emerged as the hottest printing option for cards. These hand-crafted cards are colored and polished on a variety of wood material. A wooden business card is a sturdy alternative to flimsy paper or plastic cards, standing up to elements and preserving your engraved or printed information.
    "
    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coombe Mill (Fiona)13 March 2014 at 08:31

    A stunning photo, I can still see it as you and Biba in that face too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...