Sunday 24 May 2009

Angelina's Big Audition


I have to share with you the fantastic show that we took the littlies to see yesterday.

My youngest, Panda mad Betty loves to dance. She puts her ballet shoes on when she wakes in the morning. She dances all day and puts on at least 4 full length shows each weekend!

As an ex dancer myself I do like to encourage her - hence why I spend my whole Saturday at the dancing school. It was there that i saw a flyer for the English National Ballet's performance of Angelina Ballerina.

I have been wanting to take her and no1 daughter to the ballet for ages, but without trailing them to the smoke - the only touring productions are epics like Swan Lake.

The show itself follows Angelina's preparations as she gets ready to audition for a big dance school, the Camembert Academy. She meets lots of new friends and we are introduced to lots of new dance styles from traditional ballet to hip hop and tap.

The choreography is simple yet inspiring and the performance was flawless.

A short show, 1 hour 15 mins with an interval but just perfect for the 3 to 8 year olds that it is targeted to.

The girls sat on the edge of their seat and were enthralled by the little mice on stage. Even no 2 son (8) who complained all the way there even had to admit to us all that he had "quite enjoyed" himself!

The tour has only just begun and runs until mid August, so there is lots of time to get there.

Shows in Grimsby, Newcastle, Leicester, Wimbledon, Crawley, Tunbridge Wells, Buxton, Swindon, Torquay, Barnstaple, Scarborough, Darlington, Carlisle, Birmingham, Windsor, Woking, Winchester, Cambridge and Glasgow.

Ticket prices range from £9.50 to £20 and vary depending on venue.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear about the show, It will be very nice if u can upload a video in youtube and give a link in this post....we are waiting..Excellent blog, nice post. I love the contents . I am so proud to vote for this beautiful blog. I VOTED FOR YOU, I recommend your blog to many of my friends. I expect they will Vote for u soon. I hope you will grace me with your precious Vote.Just copy this link to your browser
    http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/69551

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...