Tuesday 4 August 2009

MummyTips learns - How to Make Perfect Bacon......

I have been meaning to get this post out since I came home from BlogHer09 last week. It was an odd happening but hey - what will be will be...

So it was the morning of the second day of the main BlogHer conference. At that point I was still a little down on the event as a whole. I went and sat down to check my emails and a couple of other ladies came and sat close by.
One of the ladies was leading one of the Geek lab sessions later that day and we got talking about popular posts on our blogs. Someone else joined in and she said that the most popular post in the history of her site went back about two years and was still getting really good traffic today.
Naturally I asked her what it was about and she said that it was pretty random and not at all the usual stuff that she wrote about.
Her post was about how she discovered how to cook the perfect bit of Bacon....

Interesting... I said and how do you do that?

You cook it in the oven she replied!

Genius!

Now I am a bit partial to the odd bit of bacon in the morning but like everyone else I hate the mess that goes with it. Cooking it in this way is so simple that I am surprised that I hadn't thought of it years ago.

I was so excited at that moment that I had to email straight home to share my new point of wisdom with someone who would appreciate it!

So I thought. I have travelled all the way to Chicago, leaving my family for five whole days - just to learn how to make bacon! Ummm interesting!!

So - what you do is preheat the oven. I use 175c in my fan oven. Cover a baking sheet with foil and pop in for about 15 to 20 mins, depending on how well done you like it.

That's it. Drain on kitchen towel, and throw away the foil. It produces lovely crispy bacon - without any mess at all......


I must say a big thank you to Charming & Delightful - without her tip I would have been completely disillusioned!

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant, I hadn't thought of that, although I do sausages in the oven, in a baking tray, on a grill tray, wrapped in foil. Less mess too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - impressive!!! I shall have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just use the george foreman.... easiest to clean and as I'm domestically dysfunctional it suits me! However, my dear old dad would have to agree with you on the oven.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how I cook my bacon! We love it crispy and this makes it perfect

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...