Tuesday 4 May 2010

The Gallery... The world we live in

If you live in Leicestershire - you will recognise this as an icon of our county. A stunning park with amazing history....
Bradgate Park, the birth place and home of the tragic young queen Lady Jane Gray who ruled England for just nine days. The ruins of the house are said to be a focal point for paranormal activity and I just love this photograph that I took of it about 20 years ago.
Dark and eerie - just like the story of the young queen.
A big thank you as always to Tara for her brilliant The Gallery....

19 comments:

  1. That's an awesome photo, you almost expect Lady Jane Gray to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a bit of English history ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a brilliant pic. The light is amazing. Very spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bradgate, it's my peace place xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, spooky! Lovely photo and interesting story, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes! very eerie! Great photo (as always!!!) Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. As soon as I saw this photo I thought how amazing it would be on an atmospheric night.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh that is a bit spooky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, fabulous picture. How did you get it to glow like that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is spooky. Remind me NEVER to go there - I get chills just looking at the photo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes very eerie, almost doesn't look real. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I've ever been to Bradgate Park - I've been to Abbey Park in Leicester many times though. Excellent cakes in thr cafe as I recall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, beautiful and mysterious too. Like in an old movie when a ghost appears.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a grea photo. Love the effects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...