Saturday 14 July 2012

Need a phone? Visit Dial A Phone

Despite being a family of gadget lovers, I've resisted letting my children have mobile phones of their own. They have iPads and the ability to message and email through various apps on them and as they don't go anywhere on their own they really haven't needed phones of their own. But with Sonny getting ready for high school I've relented!

Sony Ericsson Experia Ray
Sony Ericsson Experia Ray
For the last few weeks we've been trying out the Sony Ericsson Experia Ray. This super cute smartphone stands out from the crowd with its candy bar design that reminds me of the old Sony Ericsson W800 Walkman phone that I so loved back in 2005.

Sony Ericsson W800
Old School Sony Ericsson W800
It uses the Android Gingerbread operating system which in all honesty is a bit of a mystery to me (being the Mac girl that I am) but the kids took over and were downloading apps and linking Twitter and Facebook accounts in no time.

The screen feels small to me but the speed that it switches between apps, the awesome battery life and the 8.1 megapixel are all pretty impressive. 
I can't get to grips with the ancient feeling Half QWERTY keypad, it feels so slow and clunky when you are used to racing around an iPhone or Blackberry but I am just being picky - the kids love it.
Its also surprisingly sturdy and doesn't seem to mind being dropped at all (which is pretty important as its been dropped too many times for my liking).

The good bits : Small, light, amazing battery life, crisp beautiful screen, camera

The bad bits : Fiddly keyboard, not great for large hands

Do your children have mobile phones? How old were they when you bought them and do you have any make / model suggestions? 

Thank you to Dial A Phone for sending this sim free Sony Ericsson Experia Ray that I've simply added to my own business contract with O2. The Dial A Phone ordering service was simple and delivery was swift. They work with all the major phone networks offering contract and Pay As You Go options across a wide range of mobile phone manufacturers, making it the perfect one stop mobile phone shop.
www.dialaphone.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...