Saturday 25 July 2009

BlogHer Update


It's the final day of BlogHer today and I have to say that it has all been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. There are some truly inspirational women here that have amazing stories to tell.
On Thursday evening I chanced across a couple of great women that I clicked with right away. They both blog on the issues surrounding living with pain, an issue that's very close to me. They were hosting a session today that was amazing. The strength and vulnerability in the room was quite something else, the session ran over and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Then on to the community key note speeches. A select group of bloggers took to the stage to share one of their posts with the rest of the conference. Heart rending stuff, one minute you were in tears and the next laughing so hard. Take a look at the featured bloggers and their fabulous posts here.

I had to dive out of there early to move on to the Stokke® party at the Chicago retailer Land of Nod. This is the best nursery store that I have ever been to. So beautifully put together with stuff for older kids too.


I love these Space Invaders wall stickers and the Mojo play table and chairs, 8 stickers are $40 and the furniture from $59 to $479.

The US Stokke team had invited 10 Mommy Bloggers to come along for full product demo's and I was in charge of my favourite product Xplory® (well I'm not sure that it is my fav, that might be Tripp Trapp or Sleepi - hell who cares?).
Sophie4Sophie would have been proud of me as I enlightened them all of the potential mix and match fabric options - even giving her yellow and turquoise a mention!

After an evening of Tapas it was back to the hotel and straight to bed - I was exhausted after such an emotional day. Alas my jet lag woke me up at 3am and I couldn't really get back to sleep.
So final day....
I'm going to try and keep away from the emotional stuff today and hit the Geek Labs, then take a break (shop) this afternoon before the closing speeches and the parties tonight. I'm going to the CheesburgHer party.......

more later...

4 comments:

  1. I too am loving the chairs, they are very cool! Sounds like you're really enjoying Blogher, thanks for keeping us posted with what's going down. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked the 'Land of Nod' website...oh its too amazing for words, feel some retail therapy coming on. Nice to read whats going on

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds brilliant - I'm sooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe! YAY! for bigging up the Mix Match of the Yellow - Turquoise!! it looks Lush! I hope it went down well over there!! hehe!!

    I've loved hearing all about Blogher, It sounded like an amazing experience, I'm so glad you got to go and that you've Enjoyed it so much!

    Loving the Land of Nod too... Such cool things!!
    Very very jealous of you! hehe!! ;-)

    i'll hide in your suitcase Next time! lol
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...