Tuesday 24 November 2009

Where to next?

You may have noticed that I have been a bit quiet since I dropped my big post natal depression bomb shell on you a couple of weeks ago. The problem is that I have been struggling to know what to say next.
My story had an amazing response. I've had emails from other women who have found themselves in that same dark place, from their friends and family asking for advice on how to help those dear to them and from journalists wanting to take my words to print.
It has been an unexpected and humbling time.
I've never seen my story as inspirational and until I laid it down here with the comment box open I don't think I've ever given anyone the chance to tell me how it has effected them. After all, what do you say to someone who has just told you that they jumped off the top of a building?
It's a conversation stopper let me tell you.
Hitting the publish button was a real leap of faith for me. Was I doing the right thing? Was it going to impact on my business? Was I going to regret it later?
Who could say? But I was right to speak out and by doing so I feel like I am finally standing up to be counted - and that feels pretty good.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to leave their thoughts and tweets. I'm still in total shock that every word left was positive. The post had over 6,000 views in just three days which proves that it is a subject that deserves a wider audience.
Thanks xx

6 comments:

  1. Onwards and upwards my lovely, that's where next. That story isn't finished, you need to tell us how you moved from there, to here. I'm sure that'll be totally inspiring xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story, what a journey you have been on. Yes I feel there is so much more to share and was thinking maybe a book, or some sort of advisory panel. I think you are meant to share your story to help others, which, from your replies and comments on your post you have done so already

    ((((( Hugs )))))

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a firm believer that the best thing that mothers can do to support each other is to be honest about their feelings and experiences, no matter how sensitive the subject is. I commend you for sharing your story and I am sure that it helped many new mamas feel a little less alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6000 views in three days!!!!! That just proves how right you were to tell your story. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an incredibly brave story and as you say, clearly one which needs to be told by you and other mothers who suffer from PND. There is an award for you at mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an incredible number of views and proof that of course pressing that publish button was the right thing to do. It has also encouraged a few other bloggers (myself included) to open up a bit more about difficult experiences. So you've paved the way and given us all permission to be as brave and courageous as you.
    So what do you do now? Just carry on blogging as usual. The post is still there for people to read it, but as with everything else, you just continue to move on with your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Appreciated as always. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...